Own A Pooper Scooper Business Earning $35 – $45 Per Hour
“A person doesn’t HAVE to settle to fill out an application and work for someone else, ask for handouts and dream of government checks, sell drugs, sell azz, steal or kill to make a way. It only takes humility, hunger, perseverance and a spine!
There is always a way, to begin a life, a lifestyle and a foundation.”
As solo pooper scooper can expect to take home over $70,000 a year after taxes and expense ($35 – $45 per hour). This assumes you have a pet waste business with a full book of business, visit an average of 4-5 yards per hour, and work a full 40-hour work.
Pooper scooper businesses have relatively low overhead costs to start up. The primary start-up cost involves the purchase of equipment such as rakes, shovels, dustpans, and trash bags. Rental of a dumpster is also a possible piece of necessary equipment if the pet waste is hauled away to an off-site location and not left in the client’s waste receptacles.
Pooper scooper services are most frequently required in residential single-family homes. Waste removal services may also serve a variety of commercial accounts such as dog parks, doggie daycares, veterinary clinics, boarding kennels, an apartment or condo common areas.
A pooper scooper service can either leave the bagged waste in trash cans on the customer’s property or haul it away for off-site disposal. Haul away options will have additional costs involving the fuel used to transport the waste and any possible additional disposal fees due to the landfill, sewage facility, or dumpster company. The method of disposal may be dependent on local regulations on pet waste.
Other services that may be offered by pooper scooper businesses vary widely but can include the application of flea & tick spray to the yard, lawn repair for yellow spots caused by pet urine, cat litter box waste removal, or the application of yard deodorizer products, selling pet supplies and products. Some pooper scooper businesses also offer pet sitting services or dog walking services.
Dog waste removal, or becoming a pooper scooper, may be dirty work, but it’s a growing business for many communities.
If you live in an area with a lot of dogs, the potential could be huge because many busy dog owners are willing to pay someone else to clean up after their dogs. If you’re up for the challenge, you have the potential to build a successful business as a dog waste removal specialist.
Owning a pooper scooper business has its advantages:
- The startup costs are very low.
- It’s an easy business to operate.
- You don’t need any special education or training.
- It can be a good business for business owners of any age.
- It’s environmentally sound because it protects groundwater, reduces bacteria and prevents air-borne contaminants.
- You can expand on your services by adding dog walking, selling dog products, etc.
Start your own pooper scooper business in your town today with our informative instructional guide. A valuable tool that will help you get your business off the ground today and help you continue to grow your book of business. As you place family after family, business after business and community after community on monthly service membership billing!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What makes pooper scooping a successful business niche
- Setting up your business model
- Why pooper scooping has little competition
- What should your territory be like
- What makes a great pooper scooper website (We’ll build you one just as nice!)
- Pooper Scooper Marketing Secrets
- Service options, rates and why
- How your service can be ranked on the first page of SEO
- Your truck and equipment needed
- Employees and training
- How to get paid on the first of each month
- Expenses to expect
- Residential vs. Commercial customers
- Networking which works
- Governmental regulations
- How to get started for under $300
- Offer other services or just stick with dog poop clean up
- Learn why franchise dog waste business fail
- Look like a franchise
- What to avoid so you don’t waste your time and money
Grab your guide now below and begin your business today!