WHAT TO DO…
So you’ve just finished creating your website, or buying your new website… but now it’s time to share it with the world. After all, what good is your site if no one is around to see it? Promoting your website doesn’t have to cost you a ton of money. In fact, it doesn’t have to cost you any money at all.
HOW TO PROMOTE A WEBSITE
Getting visitors to your site doesn’t happen overnight. It takes quite a bit of work! But promoting your site doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Here are 4 quick tips to start grabbing the attention your new website deserves.
1. CONTENT MARKETING – Content marketing means using the content you produce as leverage for engaging your audience. By creating a variety of useful content – like blog posts, podcasts, webinars, infographics, newsletters, and videos, just to name a few – you build credibility and trust with potential customers. Start by determining what is actually valuable to your target audience, then tailor your content directly to them.
2. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION – SEO consists of a variety of of techniques designed to get your site placed higher in search engine results – and it’s essential. If you don’t optimize for search engines, you probably won’t be found by the 94 percent of people who only view the first page of Google search results. Good SEO starts with regularly generating keyword-rich content, creating a positive user experience on your site, and making sure your site’s internal links function correctly.
3. PAY-PER-CLICK ADVERTISING – PPC is a paid advertising model that allows you to bid on keywords on top search engines. When you win that auction, your ads appear at the top of search engine results. To start utilizing PPC, you need a Google AdWords account. Research keywords related to your site, select them, and choose your bidding amount. PPC advertising isn’t free, but it can lead to a healthy ROI.
4. EMAIL MARKETING – Email marketing involves sending one email message to many people and is permission-based, so customers have to opt-in. Instead of trying to reach them on social media or through organic searches, you are given access directly to their inboxes. It’s especially useful for its real-time feedback.
32 (almost) Free Ways to Promote your Website:
1. Friends & Family
2. Reddit / Quora
4. Promote your Blog on SM
5. Create a YouTube Channel
6. Email Marketing
7. Submit to Free Local Directories
9. Submit to Media
10. Facebook Groups
11. Guest Blogging
12. Signature Branding
13. Create a free resource
18. Message Boards
21. Flyers & Stickers
22. Cold Call
23. Networking Events
24. Carry a Business Card
26. Repeat Business
27. Join Forces
28. Get Featured (GoDaddy & Blog TO)
29. Apply for Awards
30. Community Boards
31. QR Codes
32. By Any Means Possible
You don’t need a lot of money to promote your website. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to promote your website to get more traffic for free (or dirt cheap).
When you’re just starting out, promoting a website is difficult. One day, experts rave about using Facebook to increase traffic. And the next day, Instagram is all the rage.
But the truth is that no matter which online marketing platform you use, there is website traffic to be found on all social media networks. It’s just a matter of how you use them.
WEBSITE PROMOTION FOR NEWBIES
SEO, or search engine optimization, is one of the most effective ways to promote a website, as it helps improve a site’s ranking on Google and other search engines. Unlike paid search ads, SEO is totally free – the competition is open to everyone, based on the quality of the content you publish, the fluidity of the navigation you offer to your visitors, and the number of links you receive from external sources.
You can achieve strong SEO by placing certain keywords and phrases throughout your website, adding alt text to your images and optimizing your headings so that your website can get found on search engines.
If you are still asking how to promote my website after using these tutorials and tips, it is a good idea to contact related tech, digital or online marketing agencies for help.
These website promotion resources make it easy for anyone to focus on improving their website and promoting it through the right channels. While it can take time to learn how to promote a website, it is important to focus on being patient. It can take a few weeks, or months before you notice a significant increase in traffic and your online ranking.
For additional information on how to promote your website(s), contact us today!