WHAT DOES A WEBSITE COST? A SPECIFIC BREAKDOWN
The following is a list of the most general things we get asked about for each project. In addition to breaking things out based on company type and website “size,” we thought it would be a good idea to spell out some of the specific items involved so you can have a clearer picture on the cumulative price (and nature) of websites.
- domain nameDOMAIN NAME$10-$100 per year – This is the price for new domains. BOOKER Technologies only charges $25/year for domain and hosting together. However, you can purchase your own domain without hosting at any registrar on the web for around $12 – $17/year.
- hostingHOSTING$50 – $1,200/year – This depends on the type of hosting you choose (dedicated, shared, free, adult). Additional fees may be required for additions like SSL (Secure Socket Layer Certificate) or static IP Address.
- custom website designCUSTOM DESIGN/INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE$2,500 – $10,000+ – This includes the visual design, UX design, imagery collection, and sitemap and page structure generation. This is generally a part of a larger website development package. In our experience (and for our process) we generally spend up to 30 hours in this phase. That’s onboarding, initial meetings with our clients’ marketing teams, and our design team’s work internally on the project, including final presentation and approval. That translates to $4,500 retail on even a modest site.
- shopping cartSHOPPING CART INTEGRATION & PROGRAMMING$200 – $15,000 – What kind of functionality do you want on your website? Shopping carts, paid software plugins, and custom feature development can cost extra, but the benefits of a fully customized and unique website can outweigh the costs.
- content creationWEBSITE CONTENT CREATION$50-$200 per page, or hourly – You can write your website’s content yourself, outsource it overseas for around $1 per page, or use a content writing firm which will charge around $100-$200 per page. Just like website design, you get what you pay for when it comes to content creation that will rank your site high in search engines and engage your audience.
- project managementPROJECT MANAGEMENT & INFORMATION GATHERING$600-$3,000 – We want to help you and your website succeed, and that means creating a line of communication between you and your key stakeholders. This price includes initial consultations, phone calls, and any time that it takes to obtain the information we need to get your site going.
- testingTESTING & TRAINING$600-$4,800 – While most websites are built on an easy-to-use CMS nowadays, not everyone knows how to get started with them. This price point includes the time spent training you how to use your new site, as well and ensuring that everything works properly and giving you the chance to make any necessary changes.
- launchLAUNCH & DIGITAL MARKETING SETUP$60-$4,800 – Having a team that understands digital marketing (particularly SEO) and your website’s role in helping to drive this for your business is vital to success.
- managed servicesWEBSITE MANAGED SERVICES$75-$150+/month – Managed services can include blog writing, post-launch testing, and content maintenance. It may also include marketing and advertising services including PPC marketing, ongoing content creation, social media marketing, and more.Even though the guide above pin points industry cost as a whole. It does not mean that it is OUR pricing here at BOOKER Technologies. Our prices just are not that costly. Check out any of our offered services and website specials and save yourself TONS of money!